Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Thinking Of Jumping Off the FB Ship? Try This Instead


People are bailing left and right off this ship.  The Facebook ship that is.  Just today I saw multiple friends who said they're out, they can't take it anymore.  I get it, I totally do and I wasn't far behind.  But then I had a thought, what if instead of taking ourselves out of the game, we turned the game around???

What if instead of doomsday posts about how our country is going down we posted about serving those around us?

What if instead of political rants, we engaged in thoughtful discussion?

What if instead of casting blame, we offered help, instead of calling others bigots we offered enlightenment, instead of foul language we offered kind words?  The possibilities of how we can turn the tide are endless:

*Bring on the family pictures--we need more of those.  And I don't just mean the picture perfect family moments.  Show me your not so perfect moments so I know you're real just like me.

*Post a picture of nature--a sunset, the mountains, the woods, or any other amazing creation.  We are surrounded by beauty and it can counteract all the ugliness.

*Share inspiring quotes--because maybe they are cheesy, but it starts my day off a whole lot better than another political diatribe that just riles me up.

*Cat pictures.  I can't believe I'm saying it, but cat pictures are better than what we currently have clogging up our feeds.

I'm not saying we have to be Pollyannas (though we could probably all stand to have a little more Pollyanna attitude gracing our lives.)  I think there is room for thoughtful discourse--I'm just not seeing a lot of it right now. I think some cat pictures might for once actually help...

And if you are looking for more of this sort of content, head on over to Instagram where you can follow us on morganlifeadvice.  We keep it real and hopefully bring a smile to your face.

Who is with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment