Monday, January 15, 2018

Four Things I Learned While Having The Flu


So much for the Morgan's Wolverine genes.  The flu has struck.  Aches, pains, lack of appetite, stuffiness, inability to sleep and the hacking cough have arrived in full force.  At first, when Parker came down with it we went for containment.

We were unsuccessful.

And so as I sit here in my pajamas that I've worn for the last four days straight I thought I would share with you what I've learned so far about the flu.  Here you go:

1.  There is such a thing as too much Candy Crush

Who knew?  I am at the point now where I get physically nauseous when the Candy Crush screen comes up.  And yet I still play--because it's the only game I have on my phone and it takes all the energy I have to curse those chocolate bombs.

2.  The cough that comes with the flu is the equivalent of an extreme weight lifting session--every 20 minutes.

I am not joking!  I feel like I have bench pressed 150 pounds for twenty minutes straight.  (Note:  150 pounds would be A LOT for me).  I didn't even know I had muscles where I am currently sore.  This is most definitely not fair as the only calories I am burning is from playing Candy Crush...

3.  The Jimmy Legs...

Did you know that you can get "Restless Leg Syndrome"  (aka:  "The Jimmy Legs," as defined by Kramer) from taking certain cold medicines?  I testify that you, indeed, can.  The first night I thought I was going crazy when I would just settle in to sleep after taking my Advil PM and then have this over powering urge to get up and walk which would last for hours!  I thought that in my flu induced mental state I was imagining this but according to "the internet" this is a real thing.  At least I know I'm not going crazy...yet.  Also, no more Advil PM for me, dang it.

4.  I Have The Best Friends/Family

Alright, I already knew that, but I tend to take them for granted.  Lots of people have texted/called/dropped off Oreos and it does make me feel loved, and missed.  And also a little guilty because I could be a better friend...Maybe that's why I'm sick--to learn a lesson or two.

I have high hopes that we are on the downward side of this wretched flu sickness.  I sure hope so because between the Jimmy Legs and Candy Crush I may just lose it..

No comments:

Post a Comment